Friday, April 13, 2007

Training Days Again

So today ends my first week as a Lighting Artist on The Golden Compass. This is a much bigger project than I initially thought and it looks amazing! I'm truely stoked to be working on this movie. Rhythm & Hues has another super complex pipeline but that's to be expected when working with cutting edge technology. I have one more week of training before I hit the production floor but I should hit the ground running. It's no more difficult than Disney's system. Working on this has really revitalized my enthusiasm for cg and movie making. I'm learning a lot. A huge downside is that I probably won't get a credit at the end of the film. The production companies only give a couple hundred slots for names and with 500-odd people at R&H, I doubt I'll be on the credit list. :( They said hundreds of people were not credited for Narnia so I'm expecting the same. At least it's on my imdb.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations on the new job! I was worried you were just backpacking the west coast forever and end up in Vegas losing all your money. Good luck.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home