Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I'm Out!


Got word yesterday that I will be laid off from Disney after Meet the Robinsons. I certainly was not alone. All my friends including my boss and his boss were also laid off. They stated 20% of Feature Animation but that was very misleading. They meant 20% of the studio which from what I understand, includes some 300 "other" people. It was more like 60% of the artists but it felt like 80% here in Lighting. They did say we would get a call when American Dog ramps back up but I really would like to leave feature films for a while and work in video games. I know I've been saying that for years now but maybe it's finally time to take myself seriously.

2 Comments:

Blogger tom said...

Sorry to hear it, Tom. Send me your reel!!! Or you can try that game thing. Thats good too.

Best of luck out there, Mr. Wright!!!

9:28 PM  
Blogger tomwright said...

I would like to try out New York. Could I live in Manhatten and commute?

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home