Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Dreamworks Party


Last night I went to a party at Dreamworks campus for CG industry professionals. It was a pitch of sorts to show off their company and meet some potential new employees. Although I'm not interested in leaving Disney just yet, I did get a look at the next several films coming from Dreamworks and I have to say, they look very good. I especially liked Kung Fu Panda and How to Train Your Dragon. Those are films that I might actually be willing to leave Disney to work on. With Disney's impending layoffs, I might not have a choice but it's nice to know that there are great projects out there. We were also told that Shrek and Madagascar will both go four chapters and will be done by PDI up North which is another great opportunity. We will know here in a few weeks who's going and who's staying.

3 Comments:

Blogger tom said...

I've only seen a couple of pictures from upcoming projects but, yes, they all look pretty appealing. Did you run into any ex-DNA'ers?

1:26 PM  
Blogger 3DBurke said...

Sometimes being laid off can be a good thing. =)

12:07 AM  
Blogger tomwright said...

Yeah, Kung Fu Panda looks really funny. I didn't see any DNA people but I'm sure a few are there. Heck we have a bunch here! Me, James, Roman, Rudy, Zuban, Mark Carlson.. that's just off the top of my head.

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home