Monday, May 19, 2008

The New... Old... Indiana Jones


PDI gave us an early look this morning at Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Being a huge fan of the series, I jumped at the opportunity to see it. I have to say I wasn't disappointed. It's full of over-the-top action sequences that although incredibly unlikely, are extremely fun to watch.

An odd thing happened though. I was taken back a bit by the first shot showing Harrison Ford. I didn't realize how old he would look as Indy. It broke my heart because this was a character that I loved so much as a child, I wanted to be Indiana Jones. Seeing the 66 year old Harrison Ford reprising his famous role somehow made me think of my youth and all the crazy dreams I had of being a space pirate or a tomb raider. It made me realize that although I haven't grown up, I'm certainly getting older. The one common trait I ended up having with Indy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home